Manufacturer Dagoty Manufacture (porcelain)

Buy porcelainDagoty Manufacture (porcelain). Sale of porcelain products onart-picture.ru

Поиск в разделе

By the manufacturer

All names according to alphabet

По цене

from
до
This manufactory is one of the most famous Parisian porcelain factories in Russia in the first quarter of the 19th century. The name Dagoty unites three brothers: Pierre-Louis, Jean-Baptiste Etienne and Mesidor. The most famous of them is Pierre-Louis (1771-1840), the son of a portrait painter who served Marie-Antoinette, and the grandson of the anatomist Goutier Dagoty. The Dagoty brothers studied under Dihl and Gerara at the Duke of Angouleme's manufactory, where they mastered the art of porcelain making. In addition, they also engaged in trade. As entrepreneurs, the Dagoty brothers tried to realize themselves in porcelain production, establishing themselves in a small space on Boulevard Poissoniere in 1790. At this address, Jean-Baptiste Etienne Gutier Dagoty, a porcelain artist, had a store and workshop where he practiced his craft with his older brother Pierre. After Jean-Baptiste's death, Pierre-Louis Dagoty bought the factory and shop in 1804 and quickly achieved great success. By 1807, the Dagoty enterprise was ahead of all Parisian manufactories. When success came, the owner decided to expand the business and buy a real factory. The choice fell on the Rouger manufactory in Montparnasse on Rue de Chevreuse, which was acquired around 1815. Pierre-Louis Dagoty was born in Paris in 1771, in a family of artists and sculptors. His father, Jean-Baptiste Andre Dagoty (his full name, Gouté Dagoty), was one of the artists of Queen Marie-Antoinette. Pierre-Louis Dagoty, with the help of his brothers, Isidore and Etienne Jean-Baptiste, opened a small workshop from 1798 to 1800 specializing in painting on fine porcelain. Very quickly, their production gained a good reputation. In December 1804, Empress Josephine herself patronized them. The production of the Dagoty brothers became: "Manu"."S.M. Empress's Manufacturing, P.L. Dagoty in Paris" (from 1804 to 1814) Following the fall of the First Empire, it became "Manufacture of S.A.R. Duchess d'Angoulême. P.L. Dagoty" (from 1815 to 1820). Thus, all objects were marked (on the back) as a signature feature of Dagoty Factory, and as a protection against counterfeits. In 1810, Pierre-Louis joined forces with François Maurice Honoré, the owner of a plant on Rue de Chevreuse. The association between Dagoty and François Maurice Honoré continued from 1816 to 1819. In 1823, Pierre-Louis sold the factory to Denuelle Dominique, giving rise to the Manufacture La Seynie around 1900. Dagoty porcelain was known for its technique of covering the inner part of objects (usually cups) with thick golden cover. The exterior landscapes were richly painted, alternating dark and light tones, shiny and matte gold, making Dagoty porcelain recognizable among other manufacturers. It was highly sought after by royal courts such as the House of Russia, the House of Savoy, and later by the dinner table of American President Monroe, who received a presidential service "in raspberry wing" in 1817. These examples of Dagoty porcelain can still be admired by visitors as they are displayed in the White House showcases. In Paris, on Boulevard Poissonnière, the Dagoty brothers opened an elegant shop where the high society of the time rushed to buy gifts for birthdays or other events. Owning Dagoty porcelain was a sign of good taste. Another feature of the Dagoty House was the comprehensive knowledge.Catalog (hand-drawn) of all models that were produced by this factory. A complete copy of this catalog is preserved in the drawing office of the Museum of Decorative Arts - musée des arts décoratifs de Paris.
Lot No. 5390
Dagoty dish with a painting de…
650 000.00