Artist Danilova Valentina Vasilyevna

Buy paintingsDanilova Valentina Vasilyevna. Buy paintings onart-picture.ru

Filters

By author

All names according to alphabet

Danilova Valentina Vasilyevna (1906 - 1998). Graph. She studied in Tiflis — in the art studios of B. A. Vogel and M. I. Toidze (1920s), the Tiflis Academy of Arts (1928-1931) under E. E. Lancer, I. A. Charlemagne. She lived in Moscow. She was married to graphic artist A. O. Dmitriev. She worked mainly in the technique of etching; landscape painter, author of thematic compositions, performed ex-libris. Author of a series of engravings: "Novo-Devichy Monastery" (1942-1946), "Museum of Fine Arts" (1948), "House on Nikitskaya" (1949), "Kirghiz Suite" (1955-1957, together with A. O. Dmitriev); individual sheets (co-authored with A. O. Dmitriev): "Gogol reads the comedy "The Inspector" to the artists of the Maly Theater" (1951-1952), "The artist P. A. Fedotov in Moscow" (1952-1953), "Lenin Library in Moscow" (1956), "Chernyshevsky in exile among revolutionaries" (1962), "Gorky and Romain Rolland" (1963). Since 1931 — participant of exhibitions (1st reporting exhibition of the shock brigade of artists of SORABIS Georgia in Tiflis). Member of the Union of Artists of the USSR. Exhibited at exhibitions: "Etching exhibition. 1934-1944" (1944), All-Union Art Exhibition (1952), "N. V. Gogol in the works of Soviet artists" (1952), engravings and etchings (1953), works of graphics, sculpture and ceramics by artists of the Moscow region (1955), works of the 2nd All-Union Competition of Fine and Applied Arts of students and workers of labor reserves (1956), the 1st exhibition of etchings by Moscow artists (1956), prints of Moscow artists (1957, 1960, 1961, 1966, 1967), " Socialist Moscow in the works of Moscow artists" (1957), "Monuments of Ancient Russian architecture in the works of Moscow artists" (1966), "Monuments of the history and culture of our Motherland in the works of Moscow artists" (1968) in Moscow; an exhibition dedicated to N. V. Gogol (1952), etchings (1958) in Leningrad; a traveling exhibition of works by Soviet artists (1953, Nebit-Dagh, Yerevan, Grozny, Stavropol, Krasnodar, collective farms of Transcaucasia and Kuban); engravings and etchings in Riga (1954) and others. Participated in a number of exhibitions of Soviet art abroad: in Warsaw (1946), Damascus, Beirut, Cairo (1955, mobile), Sofia and Bucharest (1956, mobile). She held solo exhibitions in Moscow (1944, 1947, together with A. O. Dmitriev). Creativity is represented in the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts, the Udmurt Republican Museum of Fine Arts, the Irkutsk Regional Art Museum named after V. P. Sukachev, the Chuvash State Art Museum, the State Museum of Arts of Kazakhstan named after A. Kasteev in Alma-Ata and others.

Biography

Danilova Valentina Vasilyevna was born in St. Petersburg. Her father, a military engineer, participated in the construction of the Georgian Military Road and died in 1919 from a typhus epidemic raging at that time. Valentina and her mother, left without a breadwinner, happened to be in Sukhum and, taking advantage of the hospitality of Alexey Evdokimovich Dmitriev, lived in his house for many years. Her childhood and youth years were spent here. When choosing a profession, the grown-up Valentina could not decide for a long time what she would do in her future life, architecture, or art. The latter won, but the theme of architecture is present in her work.

In the 20s, Valentina Danilova studied at the Tiflis art studios of B. A. Vogel and M. I. Toidze, in 1928 she entered the Tiflis Academy of Arts under the direction of E. E. Lancere and N. A. Charlemagne. The first exhibition of her works took place in 1931, in Tiflis.

In the early thirties, Valentina Danilova moved to Moscow and her whole life was spent here; she became a member of the Moscow Art Museum, joined the Union of Artists of the USSR, participated in exhibitions. Her works have been exhibited in the capital and abroad: in Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, in the countries of the Middle East. She also participated in small traveling exhibitions in factories, villages, collective farms, sparsely populated cities.

The creative heritage of Danilova Valentina Vasilyevna is kept in the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts, the Chuvash State Art Museum, the Udmurt Republican Museum of Fine Arts, the State Museum of Kazakhstan, the Solikamsk Museum of Local Lore.

In the late thirties, Valentina Vasilyevna was in charge of the art department of the State Historical Museum. In 1945, due to moving to the Moscow region, she had to give up this job.

Danilova is a landscape painter, portraitist, animalist, but architecture occupies a special place in her work.

In 1966 she participated in the exhibition "Monuments of ancient Russian architecture in the works of Moscow artists", in 1968 – in the exhibition "Monuments of history and culture of our Motherland in the works of Moscow artists".

The main direction of Danilova's work is etchings. They differ in various types of manufacturing techniques: dry needle, bar-aquatint, tinted etching, linocut.

In a joint work with Oleg Dmitriev, Valentina Danilova's talent was revealed in a new way, she became the author of thematic compositions in paintings made by Dmitriev's brush.

Pencil drawings have been preserved in the archive of Danilova. These are variations of sketches of thematic compositions, beetles, butterflies, flowers, animals.

In the seventies and eighties, Danilova became interested in another type of graphic art, ex-libris.

In more detail.

In the first years after moving to Moscow, Valentina Danilova lived with her mother in a small room of the Novodevichy Monastery. In 1936, she entered into a legal marriage with Oleg Dmitriev, a student of the Moscow Art School in memory of 1905. In the autumn of 1941, Oleg, already a student at the Institute of Fine Arts, evacuated to Samarkand. Valentina stayed in Moscow, lived with her mother in the Novodevichy Monastery, and at night extinguished the "lighters" on the roof. In 1945, the Novodevichy Monastery, by order of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR, was placed at the disposal of the Theological Institute. Everyone who was not related to this organization has now become "outsiders" and had to vacate the occupied premises.
The family found a new home in Malakhovka. Here, in a rented apartment, Valentina Danilova and Oleg Dmitriev began working together on a big topic about the life and work of outstanding figures of the nineteenth century: musicians, artists, artists, writers, revolutionaries. In this creative union, Danilova worked on creating thematic compositions, while achieving the most plausible setting and environment of the main character. Among the paintings in this series, the most famous are large-scale canvases: "Gogol reads the comedy "The Inspector", "The Artist Fedotov in Moscow", "Chernyshevsky in exile".
The artists have been working on this topic for more than seventeen years. But Danilova had many other interesting events during these years.In 1951, she and Oleg Alekseevich began a series of trips across the water expanses of Russia on the yacht Phoenix. The owner of the yacht was Viktor Fedorovich Bolkhovitinov, aircraft designer, major General of the aviation troops of the Soviet Union. He built the yacht with his own hands, that's why he called it "Phoenix". Valentina Vasilyevna and Oleg Alekseevich met Viktor Fedorovich and his wife, Natalia Sergeevna, shortly after the war. Warm, friendly relations between the families have been preserved all their lives. The last, short sailing on the yacht was in the summer of 1968, and on January 30, 1970, Viktor Fedorovich died.
The works made under the impression of these trips, Valentina Vasilyevna united under the title "Across the water expanses of Russia on the yacht "Phoenix".In 1955, Valentina and Oleg were lucky to take part in an ethnographic expedition in Kyrgyzstan. A series of works created during a trip in extreme conditions, Valentina Vasilyevna called the "Kyrgyz Suite".
Artists often spent the winter in the boarding house "Tarusa". They had all the conditions here for recreation and creativity in comfortable conditions. But the most severe frosts could not make Valentina Vasilyevna refuse to work in the open air. She combined a series of frosty landscapes under the name "Tarusa".
And Valentina Vasilyevna and Oleg Alekseevich often spent the "golden autumn" in Sukhumi, visiting Leonid, Oleg's brother. Valentina collected pencil drawings of flowers, plants, beetles, and animals in a folder called "Sukhum".
The series "Shelter of tranquility, works and inspiration" was made under the impression of pilgrimage trips to Pushkin places.
In the mid-seventies, after retirement, Valentina Vasilyevna and Oleg Alekseevich participated for many years in the improvement of the art department at the Solikamsk Museum of Local Lore. They gave him more than three hundred of their best works. "For the contribution to the creation of the art fund of the Museum of Local Lore, active activity in the aesthetic education of the workers of Solikamsk," Valentina Vasilyevna and Oleg Alekseevich were awarded the title of Honorary Citizen of Solikamsk by the city administration.Valentina Vasilyevna died on June 17, 1998.

Lot No. 5096
The house at the ditch
4 000.00