Gogol Series: "Familiar Faces" ... Gogol types of Boklevsky on decorative porcelain. The illustration of Gogol's works became the whole life of the outstanding Russian illustrator Peter Mikhailovich Boklevsky (1816–1897). In 1858, the first album of illustrations for the “Examiner” appeared, and in 1863 - “Bureaucratic Catechism” - a new version of the drawings for the same comedy. The greatest love among Gogol's works in Boklevsky enjoyed “dead souls”.It was the artist’s board book. In 1875, the Album of Gogol's Types was published, consisting of 23 watercolor portraits, which were reproduced in the technique of xylography.The grotesque characteristics of literary heroes, the accuracy of psychological portrait images, their correspondence to Gogol's descriptions brought the author of great popularity.It manifested itself in the numerous reissues of the album and reprinting it in magazines, on postcards, and also entailed the use of its types when creating series of wall porcelain plates and dishes.The graphic language of portrait images was redesigned for decorating porcelain. On the 50th anniversary of death (1902) and the 100th anniversary of his birth (1909) by N. V. Gogol, portraits created by him performed by Boklevsky were reproduced on decorative plates of various diameters released at the Gardner porcelain factory. The popularity of the series was extremely great.Today it is difficult for us to imagine that such "non -evacency" faces made up the interior decorations at the turn of the century. In all likelihood, decorative plates with “dead souls” were produced not only at the Gardner factory, but also in small workshops, given the variety of samples in terms of embodiment from highly artistic specimens to artisanal. The portrait of the landowner Peter Petrovich Petukha (on the mirror of the plate is indicated as “roosters”), character of the II volume of the poem “Dead Souls”. On the picture: Decorative plate.Peter Petrovich Petukhov.The end of the XIX - beginning of the XX centuries. Porcelain, manual painting, diameter - 24 cm. Porcelain factory of the porcelain and earthenware products of Gardner. A plate with the brand of the Gardner factory.Collectible series with portraits of the heroes of Gogol -Sobakevich and other characters of Gogol.Portrait of manual painting.Diameter - 24 cm. The cost is indicated for 1 plate.
Check the delivery methods with the seller when making a purchase
Approximate prices in Russia
от 180 ₽
от 180 ₽
от 180 ₽
Payment by agreement
Please check the payment methods with the seller when making a purchase
Gardner Porcelain Factory Manufactory Gardner
porcelain Factory & nbsp; "Manufactory of Gardner" was founded in 1754 by the Englishman Franz Gardner and for more than two hundred and fifty -year history, it created masterpieces of porcelain art, which became the decoration of the decoration. Imperial palaces of Russia and Europe. F. Gardner's porcelain factory History The first private porcelain factory in Russia He was founded in 1766 by the Russified English merchant Franz Yakovlevich Gardner in the village of Verbilka Dmitrovsky district of the Moscow province. To establish production, F. Gardner invited I.-G. Miller, familiar with the recipe for the porcelain mass of D. Vinogradov; The preparation of the painters was engaged in the invited German, the artist of the porcelain I. Kestner. In the early period of his activity, “The Manufactory of Gardner in Verbils” produced products (dishes and figures) according to the samples of the famous Mason Porcelain Factory. In the 1770-1780s, by order of Empress Catherine II, the plant fulfilled four order sets (George the Victorious, Andrei of the First-Called, Alexander Nevsky, St. Vladimir of Prince Vladimir), intended for the solemn techniques of gentlemen of the main orders of Russia in the Winter Palace. For the high quality of the products in 1785, the Moscow governor appropriated the enterprise “The right to depict St. George the Victorious as a sign of it by the court.” F. Gardner's porcelain manufactory was one of the best private plants in Russia. Throughout the XVIII-XIX centuries. Gardner's porcelain not only competed with the products of the imperial porcelain factory, but had a great influence on the products of numerous private porcelain enterprises, becoming an object to follow. The factory developed porcelain, earthenware, scourge, products from biscuit masses. The main share of the products was tea and dining rooms, piece dishes, decorative dishes, trays, vases, as well as a variety of decorative plastic plastic. The masters of the plant owned a variety of porcelain decoration techniques: underglazuric and supra -glazing painting, printing technique, relief, and manufacturing plastic parts. The theme of murals was unusually wide: floral garlands and bouquets, landscape and architectural views of cities, portraits of heroes of the war of 1812 and military plots, genre scenes and type of images, monograms and coats of arms of the nobility. The source of many plots and images was engravings, various book and magazine publications. In 1856, F. Gardner's porcelain factory received the title of supplier of the court of his Imperial Majesty, confirmed in 1865, 1872, 1882 and 1896. until the beginning of the 1890s, the plant belonged to the descendants of the founder of production. In 1892, the enterprise, together with factory models, forms, drawings and samples, as well as with the right to use the Gardner brand, was bought out by M.S. Kuznetsov at the last owner of Elizabeth Gardner and was transformed into the “Partnership of the production of porcelain and earthenware products of M.S. Kuznetsova. " After the 1917 revolution, the plant was renamed the Dmitrov State Porcelain Plant. Currently, the enterprise is called “Gardner Manufactory in Verbils” and is an honorary member of the Kremlin suppliers guild.