Aynsley / Eublic /


Aynsley / Eublic /

The first mention of John Einley in the Staffordshire Ceramic Industry is found in the manuscript of the spode of 1790 Where it is mentioned as an enamel.The term "enamel" was widely used to describe the ceramics decorator and included engraving and printing skills, as well as painting.Two dated fragments of his works of 1788 and 1793 are known, which suggests that he has been engaged in business since the 1780s.From 1796 to the present, he is listed in the Staffordshire trading reference book as a manufacturer of porcelain for a market plane, Lain End.

Family tradition assumes that at the beginning of the 19th century his fate changed, and in newspapers for 1801 his house and pottery were put up for sale.By 1804, Einley's property was still put up for sale, Robert Becquette was listed as the tenant, and the details could be obtained from the pounds of John and William Yates from Shelton.

Local records of bets show that he owned a factory until 1810.In the Parson & AMP guide;Bradshaw's Staffordshire General & amp;The Commercial Directory, published in 1818, includes Einley John, Potter Kommers-Street, Lane End, and in 1822 Lane Endley (SIC) John, engraver, commerce stange was indicated.Whether the last two John Einley, trying to collect the fragments of his business, are unclear, but we know that the spelling of the surname varies from the record to the record.The last record that we have is his death in 1829.

Almost 30 years later, John Einley II became known as a porcelain manufacturer in Longton, and the company achieved great success in the 20th century, when the business was bought by a number of various companies.