Fraureuth / Frankure /


Fraureuth / Frankure /

Until the beginning of the 19th century, only farmers and artisans lived in Fraroit.During the industrialization of Germany, Fraroid also became an industrial center.In the immediate vicinity, weaving and spinning and spinning crafts at first experienced the greatest rise.The workshop for combing the wool, founded by Graiser George Bek, was documented in 1802 in the center of Fraroit.

In 1818, the masters united in a mixed guild.28 masters belonged to her, in 1843 there were already 78 of them. In the mid -19th century, the production profile of Bek was changed.The grandson of George Bek, Georg Bruno Fedes, was supposed to enter the Business of Grandfather.However, he did not seem to like this work, because in the end he left for Glauhau and worked there at the weaving factory for eight years. From a relative, he learned something about the tempting possibilities of porcelain production and went to the Bohemian Klester.

There he met the secrets of porcelain production with Czech porcelain masters.Returning to Fraroite in 1865, he began to convert the old workshop to combing the wool into a modern porcelain factory. There is an Around von Roemer, the owner of an estate from a neighboring non -launcher (today SteinPleis), he founded a “porcelain factory of remar1865.

Czech porcelain manufacturers trained local workers.Then the production managed to start in 1867 with 60 workers and two round stoves.The factory constantly expanded.As a result, he took an area of 73328 m2.Later in 29 buildings there were 12 large furnaces, and in 1885 600 workers worked.Shortly before the First World War there were 1,500. For production, minerals of field spar and kaolin from Bohemia and Bavaria were used, as well as coal from the mining area of Zvikau.Sales of developed products around the world.Exemplary stores in Berlin, Vienna, Hamburg and London, as well as representatives here, as well as in Paris and Milan, support sales.The inhabitants of Fraroit first received their arcanists from Bavaria and Bohemia.

After the death of Bruno Fedesh in 1885, the widow Fedish and Remer converted the factory into a joint -stock company in 1891.Work at the factory - piecework - was hard.The constant alternation of heat and cold, drafts, water, dust, coping with extensive vehicles - lifting and descent almost without technical means - strained people.Many porcelain manufacturers suffered from exhaustion, consumption and tuberculosis, many died young.

There were many social security facilities in the factory, such as the drawing school, the dining room, the savings bank, the hospital, the water supply and the fire department.There were also sharp disputes between well -organized workers and society.In 1911, for example, there was a 26-week strike for improving working and life.In 1912/13, AG was faced with small shocks, which were compensated by technical reorganization.In 1913, businessman Felix Zinger acquired a stake in the main shareholder of Kommerstädt.He did not receive recognition from Fraureuters.

The First World War did not bring financial losses to the plant.By 1916, sales surpassed the highest indicators of peacetime.At the 1916 Lipzig Autumn Fair, the company introduced new forms, colors and decorations, which critics appreciated as “excellent beautiful”.During the war, Fraureut depicted emperors, kings, zeppelins and submarines on vases and plates, but otherwise it remained true to its principle: what they did was practical, simple and beautiful.The company's principle was: porcelain should give pleasure!

In mid -1919, Fraroite acquired the Wallandorfer manufactory in the Tyringen forest, known for its coffee and tea service by the Meseen model and figurative sculptures.The painting in Licht was attached to Wallandorff.This meant the division of labor: since then, in Fraroit, a wide range of daily and elite dishes of all price categories was mainly made.The basis of the company was export, mainly in the USA.Preferred customers were also national and international shipping lines.

Inflation had destructive consequences for the company.At this time, the total devaluation of the currency Fraureuth products were too expensive for the domestic market because of their very good quality.The most important domestic business broke off, because it was possible to sell only cheap mass products of low quality.Money could be earned only abroad.After 1922, another 25 million marks and 50 million marks for a new dishwasher (opened in February 1923) took place for housing construction, and a year later went downhill.The company is in debt.Lenders hold money, larger orders have to be rejected.In 1925, Fraureuth closed tunnel furnaces.On September 30, 1925, General Director Zinger left the board of directors.On January 31, 1926, bankruptcy was announced.

Auction of works of art and antiques provides the opportunity to purchase

purchase lots on the topic are presented "Fraureuth / Frankure /"